The Vegas Bomb Shot is the ultimate party drink to get everyone hyped and up for the night and is widely appreciated all across the globe. If you’re looking to step up your mixology skills or even just to prepare some tasty shots for the next party you’re hosting, then this Vegas Bomb shot recipe will be sure to get everybody pumped.
What Is A Vegas Bomb Shot?
The Vegas Bomb shot is a combination of the Royal Flush Shot (Crown Royal Whiskey, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice) into a glass of Red Bull. The Royal Flush is a popular drink in Vegas, which is commonly seen in the hands of poker players and partiers on the strip of Vegas.
A bomb shot is an alcoholic concoction or cocktail that is dropped into another glass of energy drink like Red Bull or some beer. Some other popular bomb shots that you may know are Jagerbombs or an Irish Car Bomb.
What Ingredients Will I Need To Make A Vegas Bomb Shot?
There are 4 main ingredients that you’ll need to make the Vegas Bomb Shot - Crown Royal whiskey, cranberry juice, peach schnapps, and Red Bull.
What Substitute Ingredients Can I Use?
Crown Royal Whiskey Substitutes - If you don’t have any of this blended Canadian whiskey then you can use whatever whiskey you have lying around in your drinks cupboard at home.
Peach Schnapps Substitutes - This delicious fruity liqueur takes away the strong kick that you get from the whiskey but if you don’t like peach you can always use butterscotch schnapps instead. If you don’t mind missing out on a bit more alcohol then you can try using peach juice or peach soda instead to make the strength of the whiskey more subtle.
Red Bull Substitutes - Red Bull is one of the most common energy drinks you’ll find in a club anywhere, but especially in Vegas so it’s the one that we also like to use the most in these sorts of shots. You can choose to use other types of energy drinks like Monster or Rockstar, however, make sure to use the standard or plain flavored ones as any other flavors could alter the taste of this Vegas Bomb Shot.
Cranberry Juice Substitutes - Cranberry juice is a popular choice to go with most alcoholic drinks and creates a rich red color. If you don’t regularly buy cranberry juice then you can use any other type of fruit juice, particularly dark rich ones like grape juice, raspberry juice, or blueberry juice to create the same flavor.
How To Make Vegas Bomb Shot
Making Your Royal Flush Shot
- Add your whiskey, peach schnapps, and your cranberry juice in ⅓ quantities to your shot glass
Pour The Red Bull
- Find a large glass (one that will fit the shot glass inside) or highball glass and fill it halfway full with Red Bull
Time To Drop The Shot
- Now drop your shot off Royal Flush into the glass of Red Bull and serve to your guests
Vegas Bomb Shot Recipe Card
Looking for something to impress your friends and family whilst hosting? Then this Vegas Bomb Shot recipe will be your next party trick leaving everyone complimenting your bartending skills. Made with Red Bull and Royal Flush Shot this Vegas Bomb Shot will be sure to get the night properly started.
This recipe will show you everything you need to make one serving of this electric shot, so if you’re looking to make a round for all your guests then just multiply the ingredient quantities below by how many people you intend to make them for.
Time To Make: 3 mins Servings: 1 Calories per serving: 64kcal
- ⅓ oz of whiskey (We use Royal Crown)
- ⅓ oz of Peach Schnapps or Butterscotch Schnapps
- ⅓ oz of cranberry juice
- 6-8oz of Red Bull (or energy drink of your choice)
- Shot glass
- Large glass
- Pour your whiskey, Peach Schnapps (or substitute), and cranberry juice into a shot glass with each ingredient measuring about ⅓ of the shot glass (you can do this by eye)
- Then find a large glass and fill it about halfway full with Red Bull or an energy drink of your choice
- Then drop in your shot glass into the large glass of Red Bull and serve it up
Virgin Vegas Bomb Shot
If you or your guests are designated drivers or just not feeling the drinking vibe, then why not indulge in some virgin vegas bomb shots that taste equally as delicious but without the buzz of the booze.
What you’ll need:
- ½ shot glass of cranberry juice
- 6-8 oz of Red Bull
- ½ shot glass of peach juice
- Add both your cranberry juice and peach juice to your shot glass, half of each ingredient is fine
- Fill a large glass of Red Bull halfway and then drop your shot glass of juice in
Our Best Tips
- To avoid excessive spillages and staining any carpets in your home, it’s best to make these Vegas bomb shots somewhere in your home with hardwood flooring where it can be easily cleaned up or outside where you don’t mind the mess being made. Making and doing the shots outside will prevent any of your guests from slipping on any spillages that were created in the process of making or taking the shots.
- When dropping your shot glass into the larger glass, don’t drop it from too high up or too hard as the shot glass could smash. Dropping the shot glass from too high could also result in you missing the large glass completely and smashing the shot glass everywhere.
Vegas Bomb Drink
The beauty of this shot recipe is that you don’t have to drink it one go like a shot if you don’t want to and you can turn it into a cocktail that you can sip on throughout the night instead. You can use the same quantity of alcohol ingredients as above but just add more Red Bull in to fill the glass up afterward.
- In a mixing glass or a cocktail shaker, add in a handful of ice and then add in your whiskey, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice quantities.
- Then cover the glass or shaker and shake well for 10 seconds
- Strain into a large glass (or you can serve with ice if you want it more chilled) and then pour in your Red Bull to taste
This method can also be done for Virgin Vegas Bomb shots so your t-total guests can still enjoy the night without being questioned about why they’re not drinking.
Disclaimer: Here at Scrambled Chef’s, we don’t like to encourage binge or excessive drinking and encourage our readers to drink responsibly and to know their limits when drinking alcohol.